So you’re looking to get into NFTs? Then you need to know where to buy NFTs and that really depends on what blockchain you want to use.
I’m not going to go into the details of the blockchain because it really doesn’t matter. Just view the different cryptocurrencies as different currencies.
Think about the real world. If you want to buy something in America you need US Dollars. If you want to buy something in Japan in you need Yen.
Because NFTs are minted on specific blockchains that means you need to use the specific coin associated with that blockchain to purchase an NFT.
Where to Buy NFTs: The Different Blockchains
I know it can be confusing realizing that while one NFT can appear exactly like another, that doesn’t mean they live in the same space.
Here’s a perfect example.
Both of these NFTs seem like they have the same properties. They’re both just images.
However, one lives in Cardano and requires the ADA coin to purchase while the other lives on Solana and requires that coin.
This doesn’t mean that you can’t own both. It just means that you need to use different coins to grab them.
So where do you buy NFTs? Here are the different places where you can buy NFTs based on the blockchain they’re in.
Where to Buy Ethereum NFTs
Ethereum ($ETH) is the 2nd largest cryptocurrency based on market cap and it’s also the one that is most popular for NFTs.
That means there are a number of different places where you can buy NFTs for this blockchain:
- OpenSea: The eBay of NFTs. OpenSea exploded in 2021 thanks to the rise of the Bored Ape Yacht Club.
- SuperRare: Specializes in 1/1 digital art by top artists.
- Foundation.app: Similar to SuperRare you get to bid on amazing 1/1 NFT art pieces.
- Rarible: Similar to OpenSea in that you can find collections or 1/1 NFT art.
- Mintable: Where you can turn any creation into an item on the blockchain
Where to Buy Solana NFTs
Solana ($SOL) is the 6th largest cryptocurrency based on market cap.
Similar to Ethereum there are a number of different marketplaces to buy and sell Solana NFTs.
Where to Buy Cardano NFTs
Cardano ($ADA) is the 3rd largest cryptocurrency based on market cap. It’s coin is ADA so if you want to buy NFTs that’s what you’re going to use.
Here are some of the Cardano NFT marketplaces:
- CNFT.io: The first Cardano NFT marketplace. It’s a great place to find collections of CNFTs.
- Tokhun: A great marketplace for 1/1 pieces and collections.
Where to Buy Tezos NFTs
Where to Buy Avalanche NFTs
Where to Buy Algorand NFTs